Random Acts of Kindness Week
National Random Acts of Kindness Week is observed February 17-23. Celebrated by individuals, groups and organizations nationwide to encourage acts of kindness. It is a favorite day for many, our staff included. People everywhere are enjoying doing random acts of kindness (RAK).
What can you do this week that will bring a smile to someone— unexpectedly of course!
Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Leave money on a vending machine to be discovered!
2. Bake cookies and share them with the office next door — or drop them off at a senior center.
3. Serve lunch at your child’s school or help in the office.
4. Buy a movie ticket for the person behind you in line.
5. Leave letters of encouragement on people’s cars.
6. Pick up litter on the beach.
7. Let someone go in front of you in line.
8. Give a stranger a compliment.
9. Make dinner for a family in need.
10. Buy flowers to hand out to people you meet.